NIKON RECEIVES RED DOT AWARD FOR PRODUCT DESIGN
Nikon’s Z 50 Mirrorless camera and Noct lens pick up the esteemed accolade
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 28th April 2020: Nikon is pleased to announce that two of its products have received the Red Dot Award for Product Design 2020. Both the Nikon Z 50, the brand’s latest addition to its mirrorless offering, and the NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct lens, were awarded the sought-after accolade after impressing an international panel of experts, who judged the products on aspects such as innovation, functionality, ergonomics and durability.
Nikon Z 50
The Z 50 is Nikon's first DX-format mirrorless camera, inheriting its design, operability and reliability, from the Nikon Z 7 and Nikon Z 6. Offering excellent image quality, the Nikon Z 50 captures perfectly focused photos and 4K movies that are rich in detail, depth, and colour. Great for shooting portraits, the compact, lightweight and durable body make it a superior camera.
NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct
The NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct is an iconic lens for mirrorless cameras. With the classic appeal of the F-mount Noct and a revolutionary optical design, this stand out lens offers outstanding new capabilities in low light. The incredibly flexible lens uses its ultra-wide aperture and focal distance to create super sharp and smooth imagery.
The Red Dot Design Award is an international design competition which receives more than 6,500 entries from 60 different countries. The award-winning designs are presented in the Red Dot Design Museums across the globe – with the Nikon products being showcased in Essen, Germany, from June 22, 2020.
Please visit the Red Dot website for more information: https://www.red-dot.org/
For more information about Nikon’s award-winning products please visit www.europe-nikon.com
- NIKON DEVELOPS NEW HIGH-POWER Z SERIES ZOOM LENS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE NIKON Z fc MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judges for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021 Competition
- NIKON ANNOUNCES NX FIELD – A NEW REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONALS
- Nikon to expand its Z mount lens range with the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
- Reveal the beauty you see with the first Z series macro lenses
- Nine Nikon products receive the ‘Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021’
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA