THE NIKON Z 6 ESSENTIAL MOVIE KIT: WHERE MIRRORLESS MOVIE-MAKING BEGINS
London, United Kingdom, 10th September 2019: Nikon today introduces its first mirrorless movie-making kit for video pros and content creators alike – the Nikon Z 6 Essential Movie Kit. It has been designed with freedom in mind, providing the pure essentials to get rolling quickly, with all the core tools to make high-quality movies. By leaving filmmakers free to customise further components to suit their personal preferences, it avoids the expense of unnecessary equipment.
The kit features the Nikon Z 6 mirrorless camera - and FTZ Mount Adapter which allows for seamless integration with a wide range of F-mount NIKKOR lenses - offering full-frame ultra-high-quality 4K video at high bit rates. In-camera five-axis optical Vibration Reduction (VR) works together with electronic VR for steady shooting, and Atomos open protocol is supported for easy integration of the included Atomos Ninja V recorder. A firmware update to be released later this year will support Apple’s ProRes RAW recording from the camera’s RAW output when using the Atomos Ninja V, giving maximum flexibility in grading. The SmallRig quick-release camera cage has a top-mounting grip handle for smoother moving images and tracking with ease.
By launching the ultimate essential kit for the independent filmmaker, Nikon offers a low-cost solution with a small footprint but immense impact. Flexibility is built in from the start, so it can be tailored with additional equipment to suit any movie-making style.
Nikon Z 6 camera body: 24.5 MP, 100-51200 ISO, full-pixel read-out 4K movie downsampled from 6K, up to 120 fps in FHD, 10-bit N-Log and timecode output, 8-bit internal recording with up to 144Mbps, in-camera slow-motion and time-lapse capabilities included.
Nikon FTZ mount adapter: enables use of NIKKOR F-mount lenses with no loss of quality, including a wide range of cine lenses.
Atomos Ninja V: flexible monitoring and recording in edit-ready ProRes and DNxHR formats.
SmallRig quick-release camera cage: the built-in Manfrotto-compatible quick-release system allows you to switch between tripods and monopods in seconds.
Nikon EN-EL15b batteries: two rechargeable Li-ion batteries, ensuring you’re always ready to film the next scene.
Coiled HDMI cable: supports high-speed HDMI 2.0 for 4Kp60 ProRes and RAW high-frame-rate recordings.
5200 mAh batteries: two batteries and a fast charger to keep the Atomos running on even the longest shoot.
SmallRig handle for camera cage: top-mounting grip handle for easy tracking.
SmallRig Magic Arm: mount the Atomos Ninja V to the camera cage with the Magic Arm clamp.
More details on the firmware update that will enable support for Apple’s ProRes RAW are available in the press release issued on 27 August 2019: ‘Nikon Releases a Dedicated 3D LUT for N-Log and Announces the Support of RAW Video Output for the Nikon Z 7 and Z 6’. Releases can be found in the Press section of your local Nikon website.
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- NIKON RELEASES NEW SOFTWARE FOR SEAMLESS VIEWING AND EDITING OF IMAGES AND VIDEOS
- NEW FIRMWARE. NEW MOVIE KIT. NEW OPPORTUNITIES.
- TWO FIRMWARE UPDATES INTRODUCE ENHANCED FEATURES FOR NIKON Z-SERIES CAMERAS
- NIKON INTRODUCES THE LASER 50 AND LASER 30 LASER RANGEFINDERS
- NIKON UK ANNOUNCES DIGITAL PARTNERSHIP WITH THE NATIONAL GALLERY FOR 2020-2021
- NIKON RELEASES SOFTWARE THAT ALLOWS NIKON CAMERAS TO FUNCTION AS HIGH-QUALITY WEBCAMS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES RETURN OF NIKON PHOTO CONTEST 2020-2021