FROM BIG DAYS TO EVERY DAY. OUTSHINE THE ORDINARY WITH THE NEW NIKON D3500 D-SLR
London, United Kingdom, 30th August 2018: Nikon introduces the new D3500, a compact 24.2 MP entry-level DSLR that blends premium build quality with outstanding performance. From big days to every day, users can shoot photos and movies that outshine what’s possible with a phone. With ease.
The head-turning D3500 captures richly detailed images in any light. The large sensor and wide light-sensitivity range deliver the kind of detailed photos and Full HD movies that aren’t possible to achieve with a phone. The rendering power of NIKKOR lenses ensures crystal-clear results. And the camera’s tough lens mount makes it easy to explore the beauty of different NIKKOR lenses: even heavier telephoto lenses can be used without worrying about wear and tear.
For those new to D-SLR photography, this camera makes it easy to capture every big moment as well as everyday adventures. Its slim body, featuring the latest monocoque structure, is smaller and lighter than its predecessor, while the refined ergonomic design includes a new deep grip, making it easier to hold. A more simple and spacious button layout ensures the camera immediately feels comfortable in the hand, and the user’s thumb has plenty of space to rest on the back of the camera. Operating the camera feels steady and effortless. Nikon’s popular Guide Mode takes shooting to the next level, showing the user exactly how to adjust settings to capture the look and feel they want in photos and movies. And the long battery life means users can keep on shooting from dusk ‘til dawn - and beyond.
Tim Carter, Head of Product Management, Nikon Northern Europe, says: “The D3500 is the perfect entry into the world of photography. Its comfortable design and helpful shooting modes make it easy to capture photos and movies to be proud of. Plus you can connect a world of NIKKOR lenses to the tough, reliable lens mount. You’ll never need to stop exploring new ways to shoot great images and SnapBridge makes it easy to share your favourite photos from anywhere.”
Summary of key features
- D-SLR image quality. The large 24.2 MP DX-format sensor and wide ISO range of 100–25600 ensure richly detailed photos and Full HD movies. Even when you’re shooting in low light.
- Always your best shot. Razor-sharp autofocus keeps subjects perfectly sharp. Swift continuous shooting speeds of 5 fps let users capture five beautiful images for every second.
- Crafted to enjoy. From telephoto zoom lenses to wide-angle primes, the strong metal lens mount means users can change lenses again and again.
- Built to hold. The deep grip means this camera immediately feels comfortable in the hand. Spacious button placement makes operation easy. The long battery life will keep users shooting.
- Too good not to share. The SnapBridge app for iOS and Android enables an always-on connection between this camera and a smartphone/tablet. Making it easy to share D-SLR-quality photos in the moment.
- The adventure starts here. This Nikon D-SLR is part of an expandable photographic system that can grow with each user. Widening their creativity with renowned NIKKOR lenses, Nikon Speedlights, and more.
- NIKON DEVELOPS NEW HIGH-POWER Z SERIES ZOOM LENS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE NIKON Z fc MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judges for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021 Competition
- NIKON ANNOUNCES NX FIELD – A NEW REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONALS
- Nikon to expand its Z mount lens range with the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
- Reveal the beauty you see with the first Z series macro lenses
- Nine Nikon products receive the ‘Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021’
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA