Nikon Introduces MONARCH HG 30mm-Diameter Binoculars
London, United Kingdom 28th June 2018: Nikon today announces the introduction of the lightweight and compact 30mm-diameter models (8x30 and 10x30) to the MONARCH HG series - the most advanced series in the history of MONARCH binoculars.
The 30mm-diameter model is both compact and lightweight, with its magnesium alloy body weighing just approx. 450 g. It provides a sharp and clear view all the way to the periphery and maintains a wide field of view with natural colour fidelity - both features of the MONARCH HG 42mm-diameter model, but in a smaller body.
As with other models in the MONARCH HG series, these new binoculars feature the same sleek design and deliver the same fine performance. The binoculars’ wide apparent field of view (60.3° for the 8x30 and 62.2° for the 10x30) provides spectacular viewing, while the Field Flattener Lens System assures a sharp and clear view all the way to the lens periphery. The use of extra-low dispersion (ED) glass corrects chromatic aberration that can cause colour fringing to achieve a contrast-rich and high-resolution image.
A high-quality multilayer coating is applied to all lenses and prisms. Dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating and phase correction coating are applied to the roof prisms, which combine to achieve a bright view with light transmittance of up to 92 per cent or higher, plus natural colour fidelity.
The compact magnesium alloy body offers waterproof/fog-proof performance (up to 5 m for 10 min.). The high performance prevents fogging inside the optical system even in low-pressure environments up to altitudes of 5,000 m.
This new model comes with a neck strap that reduces strain on the user’s neck, and a semi-hard type case to protect the binoculars in transit. Nikon's MONARCH HG 30mm-diameter binoculars are ideal for bird or nature-watching enthusiasts, as well as those who enjoy different kinds of outdoor activities and want to travel light.
• Wide apparent field of view (60.3° for 8x30 and 62.2° for 10x30). While realising a wide field of view, the Field Flattener Lens System assures a sharp and clear view all the way to the lens periphery
• Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass corrects chromatic aberration that causes colour fringing and achieves a contrast-rich and high-resolution image
• High-quality multilayer coating is applied to all lenses and prisms while dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating is applied to the roof prisms, achieving a bright view of up to 92 per cent or higher light transmittance, and natural colour fidelity
• Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution and contrast
• Scratch-resistant coating is applied on the objective lens and eyepiece surfaces
• Long eye relief design ensures a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
• Lead and arsenic-free glass is used for all lenses and prisms
• Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
• Dioptre adjustment ring locking system prevents unintentional rotation
• Sturdy, lightweight magnesium alloy body (approx. 450 g)
• Superior waterproof/fog-proof performance with a nitrogen-filled body that resists water pressure to a depth of up to 5 m for 10 minutes and prevents fogging inside the optical system even in low-pressure environments up to altitudes of 5,000 m
• Soft-to-the-touch neck strap
• Objective lens caps are integrated to prevent loss. Interchangeable objective rubber rings without caps are included and can be switched according to applications.
• Optional tripod adaptor enables attachment to a tripod [TRA-3/Adaptor H (hard type)]
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- NIKON RELEASES NEW SOFTWARE FOR SEAMLESS VIEWING AND EDITING OF IMAGES AND VIDEOS
- NEW FIRMWARE. NEW MOVIE KIT. NEW OPPORTUNITIES.
- TWO FIRMWARE UPDATES INTRODUCE ENHANCED FEATURES FOR NIKON Z-SERIES CAMERAS
- NIKON INTRODUCES THE LASER 50 AND LASER 30 LASER RANGEFINDERS
- NIKON UK ANNOUNCES DIGITAL PARTNERSHIP WITH THE NATIONAL GALLERY FOR 2020-2021
- NIKON RELEASES SOFTWARE THAT ALLOWS NIKON CAMERAS TO FUNCTION AS HIGH-QUALITY WEBCAMS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES RETURN OF NIKON PHOTO CONTEST 2020-2021