WATERPROOF AND READY TO PLAY: MEET THE NEW COOLPIX W150
London, United Kindom 23rd April 2019: Nikon introduces the latest member of the COOLPIX family, the fun-loving COOLPIX W150. Waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, and dustproof, this compact adventure camera is built to go anywhere and offers truly hassle-free experience.
From snowy landscapes to underwater scenes, the COOLPIX W150 is so easy to use that anyone can capture superb photos and videos with it. Underwater Face Framing mode ensures great shots in the pool or on a dive of up to 10 m. And the camera is shockproof up to 1.8 m, so it can take a few knocks on a family holiday or at a party. Nikon’s low-light CMOS sensor and precision NIKKOR 3x optical zoom lens deliver beautifully sharp images. A dedicated movie button makes it simple to switch straight to recording Full HD movies with stereo sound.
Fun features include a range of in-camera photo effects that are easy to add, and an optional interactive Variety Menu for kids. Turn it on and users can attach voice messages to photos, activate playful welcome screens, animate slide shows, and more. Waterproof accessories like Nikon’s easy-to-spot floating strap keep the camera safe. SnapBridge makes it simple to share the best shots, or use a smart device to shoot remotely.
Yoshihiro Katakami, Product Manager for COOLPIX at Nikon UK, comments: “The COOLPIX W150 is a great waterproof point-and-shoot. Kids can have fun with it, parents don’t need to worry about it—and it’s available in a range of vibrant colours. If you’re off on a weekend with friends, this is the camera that’s always ready to go.”
Summary of key features
• Waterproof 10 m | Shockproof 1.8 m | Freezeproof -10 °C | Dustproof. True point-and-shoot ease from the COOLPIX that can handle a drop or two, excels in the cold, and just loves a pool party.
• Underwater Face Framing mode. The camera snaps up to four photos each time it sees a face.
• Always beautiful results. Low-light CMOS sensor, precision NIKKOR 3x optical zoom lens, and 6x Dynamic Fine Zoom for extra reach.¹
• Brilliant movies. The camera records Full HD (1080p/30 fps) video footage with stereo sound.
• Point-and-shoot ease. Settings are automatically optimised. The large, anti-reflective LCD screen offers clear visibility, even underwater.
• Fun Variety menu. Users can shoot with a simple menu interface or turn on the Variety menu, which is packed with interactive features.
Nikon’s SnapBridge app for iOS and Android must be installed on a compatible smart device before SnapBridge can be used with this camera.
¹ Magnification of Dynamic Fine Zoom is calculated from the maximum wide-angle position of the optical zoom.
- NIKON DEVELOPS NEW HIGH-POWER Z SERIES ZOOM LENS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE NIKON Z fc MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judges for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021 Competition
- NIKON ANNOUNCES NX FIELD – A NEW REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONALS
- Nikon to expand its Z mount lens range with the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
- Reveal the beauty you see with the first Z series macro lenses
- Nine Nikon products receive the ‘Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021’
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA