Development of a next-generation full-frame mirrorless camera and NIKKOR lenses—featuring a new mount—that pursues a new dimension in optical performance
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 25th July 2018: Nikon is pleased to announce the development of a full-frame, Nikon FX-format, mirrorless camera and NIKKOR lenses that features a new mount.
The mirrorless camera and NIKKOR lenses that are in development have enabled the pursuit of a new dimension in optical performance, with the adoption of a new mount. The mirrorless camera is the result of Nikon’s advanced optical and manufacturing capabilities gained through over a century of heritage, as well as superior image processing technology. The expertise built up through the development of Nikon’s digital-SLR cameras has also critically contributed to this development.
With this new mirrorless camera and NIKKOR lenses, we are committed to providing photographers with the ability to capture images that are richer and more vivid than ever before.
Additionally, a new mount adapter is being developed for the new mirrorless camera. This will work with the F-Mount NIKKOR lenses that are part of the Nikon digital-SLR system, adding to the variety of choices for photographers.
Nikon will continue to lead imaging culture with the launch of the new mirrorless camera, as well as with the continued development of Nikon digital-SLR cameras, providing consumers with the choices to enjoy the unique values of either system.
Special imaging content relating to this product is available for viewing here. Stay tuned for more content to come.
Details, including the release date and suggested retail price, will be shared at a later date.
For more information about Nikon’s award winning products please visit www.europe-nikon.com
- NIKON INTRODUCES TWO NEW MONARCH BINOCULARS TO BRING THE BEAUTY OF NATURE TO LIFE
- EXPERIENCE MEETS INNOVATION; NIKON SCHOOL INTRODUCES NEW LIVE REMOTE SHOOTING COURSE – A UNIQUE AND INCLUSIVE PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- Nikon releases the NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2, a compact and lightweight prime lens for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON ANNOUNCES FOUR NEW EUROPEAN AMBASSADORS
- NIKON SCOOPS FOUR WINS AT THE 2021-2022 EISA AWARDS
- NIKON LAUNCHES THREE NEW RANGEFINDERS TO TAKE YOUR GOLF GAME TO THE NEXT LEVEL
- NIKON DEVELOPS NEW HIGH-POWER Z SERIES ZOOM LENS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE NIKON Z fc MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judges for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021 Competition
- NIKON ANNOUNCES NX FIELD – A NEW REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONALS