Commenting on the project, Tomas Sentpetery said, “There are hidden worlds all around us and I wanted to show there is more to popular tourist destinations than we might expect. Do your research before you travel and don’t be afraid to look deeper. With the right kit and a thirst for adventure it’s possible to deliver stand-out travel photography.”
Tomas used the following equipment on the shoot:
• Nikon D850 – The latest FX camera offers the ultimate combination of resolution, speed, and light sensitivity. Its 45 MPs capture incredibly fine detail, delivering crisp, sharp images that depict even the subtlest of textures. Its ISO range of 64–25600 is especially well suited to bringing out vibrant colours in low-light environments, ideal for exploring those darker worlds lying below the surface.
• Nikon D7500 – Built for the discerning adventurer, the Nikon D7500 is lightweight, possesses a dynamic 20.9 MP DX-format sensor and slimline tilting monitor which allows photographers to focus and shoot from even the most challenging of angles. With its ISO extendable up to 1640000, the Nikon D7500 also makes the most out of available light in any travel scene.
• AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED – This super-fast, extreme wide-angle lens delivers edge-to-corner sharpness that can surpass that of equivalent fixed focal-length lenses. The lens’ fast aperture and Nano Crystal coating reduces the effects of ghost and flare, meaning it can adapt to any travel environment seamlessly.
• AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR – The most widely used professional lens in the NIKKOR line-up, this go-to wide-angle lens guarantees exceptional low-light performance and consistent exposure across the entire zoom range. For those more challenging environments experienced on-the-road, the fluorine coating on the front and rear lens elements repels water, dust, and dirt.
• AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED – This lightweight and versatile prime lens is the perfect choice for creative photographers who want to exaggerate perspectives and demonstrate something different. Its ultra-wide 20 mm focal length, bright f/1.8 maximum aperture and compact nature mean that whether shooting tight interiors or reportage photography, the lens rises to the challenge.
• AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED – Ultra wide-angle 2.4x zoom lens with a high quality optical design helping deliver images with outstanding resolution, contrast and minimised distortion. For travel photographers, this lens is ideal for capturing landscapes, exaggerating perspectives or for shooting in tight spaces.
• AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR – The ultimate walkabout lens for photographers looking to capture that perfect vista. Its lightweight body, bright f/2.8–4 aperture and Vibration-Reduction system lends itself to simple handheld shooting.
• AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR – A powerful 16.7x zoom lens with super-telephoto reach, this lens is perfect for travel photography. It’s versatile, boasts a compact body without sacrificing image quality and has a practical zoom-lock switch which keeps the lens secure when you’re on the move.