Nikon is developing the NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S, a super-telephoto prime lens for the Nikon Z mount system
London, United Kingdom, 14th December 2021: Nikon is pleased to announce the development of the NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S, a super-telephoto prime lens for full-frame (Nikon FX-format) mirrorless cameras for which the Nikon Z mount has been adopted.
The NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S is an S-Line* lens, delivering powerful rendering with outstanding resolution while thoroughly reducing colour bleeding. By adopting a PF (Phase Fresnel) lens for the first time in a NIKKOR Z model, a compact and lightweight body is realised, making it highly portable despite being a super-telephoto lens. With its high rendering performance and superb mobility, this lens will reliably support the imaging expression of many photographers ranging from advanced amateurs to professionals.
Nikon will continue to pursue a new dimension in optical performance while meeting users' needs, contributing to the development of imaging culture, with the hope of expanding possibilities for imaging expression.
* The S-Line is a grade of NIKKOR Z lenses that demonstrate outstanding optical performance, adhering to a high standard of design principles and quality control.
The NIKKOR Z Lens Line up Expansion to 2023
Nikon is a world-leading provider of imaging products and services. Its innovative optics technology—from consumer to professional cameras, lenses to system accessories—is powered by over 100 years of experience. The brand is globally recognised for setting new standards in design and performance, with Nikon’s revolutionary Z series mirrorless cameras and NIKKOR Z lenses representing a new dimension of optical performance.
Nikon is committed to leading imaging culture and enables some of the world’s best visual artists to reach their creative potential through visual storytelling. Its award-winning equipment empowers photographers and videographers to realise their creative vision at the highest level.
As a trusted visionary partner, it unites all levels of content creators through its engaged community, unrivalled technical expertise, and access to educational resources, via initiatives such as The Nikon School.
- Nikon partners with CIWEM and WaterBear to present the Environmental Photographer of the Year 2022
- NIKON ANNOUNCES LATEST FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON ANNOUNCES OFFICIAL PATRONAGE OF THE 150TH OPEN
- COVER MORE GROUND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S
- NIKON RELEASES ITS BEST-EVER VLOGGER’S CAMERA—THE Z 30
- Nikon launches new partnership with The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and Sharp Shots Photo Club
- FOR EVERY ADVENTURE. NIKON ANNOUNCES TWO NEW PROSTAFF BINOCULARS.
- NIKON TRIUMPHS AT THE TIPA WORLD AWARDS 2022 WITH THREE WINS
- NIKON WINS FIVE RED DOT AWARDS INCLUDING ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON RELEASES VER.1.2.0 OF THE NX FIELD REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AGENCIES