GET WIDELY CREATIVE. THE SMALLEST Z SERIES PRIME LENS TO DATE
London, United Kingdom, 18th November 2021: Today, Nikon introduces the smallest and lightest full-frame Z series prime lens yet¹: the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8. This street-smart storyteller makes a superb everyday lens. Wide but not too wide, wonderfully affordable, and deceptively powerful, it’s ready for everything from street scenes to landscapes and situational portraits.
This bright 28 mm prime lens offers an expansive angle of view that’s just right for showing more of the scene, while the 0.19 m minimum focus distance puts this lens in the sweet spot for dramatic close-ups. The wide Z mount and rounded f/2.8 aperture combine to allow superb low-light performance, and image makers can put their subject in focus against incredibly soft, natural-looking background bokeh.
The NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 also makes it easy to shoot great-looking video footage. The 28 mm focal length is a cinematic classic, and with such a lightweight lens the user gets to choose whether to shoot handheld or with a gimbal.
Summary of primary key features: NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8
Bright f/2.8 wide-angle lens: 28 mm focal length captures wide-angle shots with rich colour and contrast.
Ultra-portable: the lens is approx. 43 mm long and weighs in at approx. 155 g. Easily small enough to keep on the camera or slip into a coat pocket.
Beautiful bokeh: the wide Z mount and fixed f/2.8 rounded 7-blade aperture enable incredibly soft, natural-looking bokeh.
Superb up close: a minimum focus distance of 0.19 m allows users to focus sharply at close range.
Fast, silent AF: powered by an ultra-quiet stepping motor and enhanced by the additional light gathered by the Z mount, focusing is fast, accurate—and silent.
Great for video: Focus breathing is dramatically reduced so focus can be adjusted without affecting the shot's angle of view.
42 mm DX crop: offers a 42 mm angle of view when used with a DX-format Nikon Z camera.
Easy control: the silent control ring can be set to control focus, aperture, exposure compensation, or ISO.
Well protected: sealed for protection against dust and water droplets.²
Nikon is a world-leading provider of imaging products and services. Its innovative optics technology—from consumer to professional cameras, lenses to system accessories and sports optics —is powered by over 100 years of experience. The brand is globally recognised for setting new standards in design and performance, with Nikon’s revolutionary Z series mirrorless cameras and NIKKOR Z lenses representing a new dimension of optical performance.
Nikon is committed to leading imaging culture and enables some of the world’s best visual artists to reach their creative potential through visual storytelling. Its award-winning equipment empowers photographers and videographers to realise their creative vision at the highest level.
As a trusted visionary partner, it unites all levels of content creators through its engaged community, unrivalled technical expertise, and access to educational resources, via initiatives such as The Nikon School.
¹ Among NIKKOR Z prime lenses for mirrorless cameras with interchangeable lenses, available as of 18th November 2021.
² The lens is not guaranteed to be dust- and drip-resistant in all situations and under all conditions.
- NIKON COLLABORATES WITH NISSIN JAPAN LTD. AND PROFOTO
- NIKON INTRODUCES HIGH-PERFORMANCE, COMPACT S-LINE ZOOM LENS
- NIKON LAUNCHES NX TETHER AND NX MOBILEAIR – SUPPORTING THE WORKFLOW OF PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS
- NIKON OFFERS EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO ITS Z 9 WITH FREE VIRTUAL EVENT
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE Z 9 FLAGSHIP CAMERA
- Nikon is developing the NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S super-telephoto prime lens with a built-in 1.4x teleconverter for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON ADDS VERSATILE DX ZOOM LENS TO ITS NIKKOR Z RANGE
- NIKON INTRODUCES TWO NEW MONARCH BINOCULARS TO BRING THE BEAUTY OF NATURE TO LIFE
- EXPERIENCE MEETS INNOVATION; NIKON SCHOOL INTRODUCES NEW LIVE REMOTE SHOOTING COURSE – A UNIQUE AND INCLUSIVE PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- Nikon releases the NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2, a compact and lightweight prime lens for the Nikon Z mount system