NIKON INTRODUCES HIGH-PERFORMANCE, COMPACT S-LINE ZOOM LENS
London, United Kingdom, 28th October 2021: Nikon today introduces its latest zoom lens, the versatile NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S. With a lightweight build, advanced optics and a broad zoom range, this is the lens for any scenario. From ancient architecture and lively street photography to detailed portraits and sweeping landscapes, it allows users to capture all angles without having to change lens.
The NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S is a high-performance walkaround travel lens. Boasting a constant maximum aperture of f/4, it is built for controlled, creative shooting that delivers stunning detail. It provides smooth operability and a multi-focusing system that ensures incredibly fast and accurate autofocusing across the entire zoom range.
Combining high performance with a lightweight and compact body, the NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S is ‘travel ready’ for those shooting stills and video alike. It offers superb video performance with virtually no focus breathing, ensuring consistent framing when refocusing during recording. If the user is transitioning from interiors to exteriors, or between darker and lighter scenes, stable exposure control enables a natural shift in brightness for beautiful looking footage.
The lens’s ARNEO Coat and Nano Crystal Coat, meanwhile, combat ghosting and flare caused by incidental light coming from any direction, to ensure crystal clear shots.
Sealed to protect from dust and drips, the NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S includes Nikon's Fluorine coating on the front element, which repels dirt and easily wipes clean.
NIKKOR Z 24-120mm f/4 S - one lens, endless possibilities:
• A wide to mid-telephoto zoom lens with superior optics
• Outstanding imagery across extensive zoom range
• Constant aperture of f/4, providing versatility and agility for the shooter
• Consistent zoom across video and stills
• A short minimum focusing distance and 0.39 maximum reproduction ratio
• Flexible 24-120mm focal-length range
• Superb video performance with little to no focus breathing
• Customisable controls, featuring a dedicated function button and control ring to assign various functions based on user’s preferences
• Lightweight and compact body, making it easily portable
• Multi-focusing system, using two AF drive units to deliver fast and accurate autofocusing
• ARNEO Coat and Nano Crystal Coat, which combats ghosting and flare
• Sealed to protect from dust and drips, including Nikon's Fluorine coating, repelling dirt
At 17.00 today, a short livestream on the Nikon Europe YouTube channel will include a live talk with a Q&A about the Z 9 launch.
Meanwhile, on November 5th between 12.00 – 20.00 (GMT) an exclusive virtual event, #NikonDays, will celebrate the whole Z series system, including Nikon’s most advanced flagship camera, the Z 9.
Professional and photography enthusiasts alike can enjoy sessions in French, English and German. There will be Zoom masterclasses and roundtables with Nikon’s leading wildlife, sports, automotive, fashion and wedding photographers from across Europe. In-depth looks at the Z 9, Z System and lens roadmap will also take place.
The event is free to attend. Advice and guidance on how photographers can realise their creative potential in stills and video, whatever the subject matter, will be central to the inspiring and packed activity schedule.
Nikon is a world-leading provider of imaging products and services. Its innovative optics technology—from consumer to professional cameras, lenses to system accessories—is powered by over 100 years of experience. The brand is globally recognised for setting new standards in design and performance, with Nikon’s revolutionary Z series mirrorless cameras and NIKKOR Z lenses representing a new dimension of optical performance.
Nikon is committed to leading imaging culture and enables some of the world’s best visual artists to reach their creative potential through visual storytelling. Its award-winning equipment empowers photographers and videographers to realise their creative vision at the highest level.
As a trusted visionary partner, it unites all levels of content creators through its engaged community, unrivalled technical expertise, and access to educational resources, via initiatives such as The Nikon School.
- NIKON COLLABORATES WITH NISSIN JAPAN LTD. AND PROFOTO
- GET WIDELY CREATIVE. THE SMALLEST Z SERIES PRIME LENS TO DATE
- NIKON LAUNCHES NX TETHER AND NX MOBILEAIR – SUPPORTING THE WORKFLOW OF PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS
- NIKON OFFERS EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO ITS Z 9 WITH FREE VIRTUAL EVENT
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE Z 9 FLAGSHIP CAMERA
- Nikon is developing the NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S super-telephoto prime lens with a built-in 1.4x teleconverter for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON ADDS VERSATILE DX ZOOM LENS TO ITS NIKKOR Z RANGE
- NIKON INTRODUCES TWO NEW MONARCH BINOCULARS TO BRING THE BEAUTY OF NATURE TO LIFE
- EXPERIENCE MEETS INNOVATION; NIKON SCHOOL INTRODUCES NEW LIVE REMOTE SHOOTING COURSE – A UNIQUE AND INCLUSIVE PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- Nikon releases the NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2, a compact and lightweight prime lens for the Nikon Z mount system