MEET THE CAMERA THAT THINKS IT’S A TELESCOPE. THE COOLPIX P1000 MEGAZOOM
London, United Kingdom, 10th July 2018: Nikon introduces the all-new COOLPIX P1000, the world’s only compact camera to boast a 125x optical zoom.¹ From moonscapes to wildlife, distant aircraft to cityscapes, users can capture subjects that were out of reach - until now.
This extraordinary 16 Megapixel camera makes capturing striking photos and 4K movies incredibly easy. The 125x optical zoom offers the world’s biggest zoom range of 24–3000mm.¹ ² whilst the 250x Dynamic Fine Zoom digitally extends the upper limit to an incredible 6000 mm.² ³ That’s enough zoom power to capture craters on the moon.
The maximum aperture of f/2.8 delivers superb results in low light whislt Nikon’s advanced lens technologies minimise distortion for remarkably sharp images, even when shooting at ultra-high-telephoto focal lengths. RAW support has been added to the camera, enabling photographers to save and export uncompressed image files to their processing/editing programme of choice. Additionaly movie shooters can record super-telephoto 4K/UHD video footage: perfect when filming distant wildlife in their natural habitat.
Chelsey Lavall, Product Manager for CDSC at Nikon UK, comments: “Capturing remarkable scenes and hard-to-reach moments has never been easier thanks to the COOLPIX P1000. The incredible wide-angle to super-telephoto zoom range means you now have the freedom to take in the whole scene or zoom in on the tiniest, most distant of details. This compact megazoom is also less than a quarter of the weight of a D-SLR camera with a normal super-telephoto lens attached, making it extremely portable and great for travelling.”
Summary of key features
- Ultra-high zoom. The sky is no longer the limit. Shoot with a 125x optical zoom (24–3000mm) and 250x Dynamic Fine Zoom (6000 mm).² ³
- Jaw-dropping shots. The bright f/2.8 - 8 NIKKOR lens, 16 MP sensor, EXPEED image processor, and RAW support combine to deliver sharp results.
- Super-telephoto 4K movies. Easily record 4K/UHD 30p footage, or Full HD (1080p) video at frame rates of up to 60p. Film in stereo sound and benefit from clean HDMI out.
- Steady images. Dual Detect Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) counters the effects of camera shake for sharper stills and movies. VR Active mode delivers a more stable viewfinder and monitor image.
- Any angle. The bright 3.2-in 921k-dot LCD monitor can be tilted and twisted in almost any direction.
- Smooth zoom control. A large grip and a side zoom-control ease handling. A snap-back zoom button instantly retracts the lens from super-telephoto to a wider angle, making it easy to pick up subjects that have moved out of shot.
- Perfect results. RAW support lets users save and export uncompressed image files to processing/editing programs.
- Share the wonder. SnapBridge connectivity lets users sync photos to a smart device as they shoot. SnapBridge also makes it possible to use the smart device to shoot remotely.
¹ As of 10th July 2018
² 35mm equivalent
³ Magnification of Dynamic Fine Zoom is calculated from the maximum wide-angle position of the optical zoom.
Nikon’s SnapBridge application must be installed on a compatible smart device before SnapBridge can be used with this camera.
- NIKON WINS FIVE RED DOT AWARDS INCLUDING ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON RELEASES VER.1.2.0 OF THE NX FIELD REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AGENCIES
- Nikon is developing the Remote Grip MC-N10 for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON RELEASES NEW Z SERIES FIRMWARE AND HIGH-CAPACITY MEMORY CARD
- NIKON RELEASES THE UNIQUELY PORTABLE NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
- OUR RESPONSE TO THE SITUATION IN UKRAINE
- Nikon releases Ver. 1.1.0 of the NX Field remote shooting system for professional photographers and agencies
- WARNING REGARDING SUSPICIOUS EMAILS IMITATING PUBLIC RELATIONS FROM NIKON
- REACH BEYOND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S
- Nikon to release new firmware for the Nikon Z 9 flagship mirrorless camera