Nikon 1 J4, Nikon 1 S2 and the COOLPIX S6900 win "red dot award: product design 2015"
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2 April 2015 – Nikon is pleased to announce that three of its products have been awarded the prestigious "red dot award: product design 2015", sponsored by Germany's Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen. The Nikon 1 J4 and Nikon 1 S2, Advanced Cameras with Interchangeable Lenses, and the COOLPIX S6900 compact digital camera all won accolades for their quality and design.
The "red dot award: product design" has become one of the largest and most prestigious design awards worldwide. This year, designers and companies from 56 countries entered 4,928 products. It was presented to products released over the past two years that exhibit superiority in nine design areas, including innovation, functionality, ergonomics, ecology, and durability.
Winners will be on display at a special exhibition to be held from June 30, 2015 to July 26, 2015 at the Red Dot Design Museum on the premises of the Zeche Zollverein World Cultural Heritage Site in Essen Germany.
Nikon 1 J4
The Nikon 1 J4 boasts superior moving-subject tracking performance with the world's fastest* high-speed continuous shooting rate with AF tracking of approximately 20 fps. The interchangeable lens camera offers a variety of still-image and movie recording and editing functions all packed into a lightweight, compact body. Equipped with a TFT LCD touch screen it enables intuitive operation, and its built-in Wi-Fi® ensures the simple transfer and sharing of high-quality images.
* Among digital cameras with interchangeable lenses available as of April 2, 2015. Statement based on Nikon research.
Nikon 1 S2
The Nikon 1 S2 enables those new to the interchangeable lens category to capture beautiful images with simple operation. The compact camera system’s minimalistic design is available in four colour options, including red and yellow, along with matching lenses.
The COOLPIX S6900 is a compact digital camera equipped with a 12x optical zoom lens and a number of features that allow users to enjoy taking self-portraits. Among these are a vari-angle LCD monitor that supports shooting from low or high vantage points, a built-in camera stand, and a front shutter-release button. It also offers superior operation and is equipped with exciting functions including Gesture Control, which enables remote control using the palm of the hand, and its built-in Wi-Fi® and NFC capabilities make sharing simple.
For further information on the Red Dot Design Awards, visit http://en.red-dot.org/
- NIKON IMPRESSES WITH FOUR EISA AWARD WINS
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judging Panel for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2022
- Nikon partners with CIWEM and WaterBear to present the Environmental Photographer of the Year 2022
- NIKON ANNOUNCES LATEST FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON ANNOUNCES OFFICIAL PATRONAGE OF THE 150TH OPEN
- COVER MORE GROUND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S
- NIKON RELEASES ITS BEST-EVER VLOGGER’S CAMERA—THE Z 30
- Nikon launches new partnership with The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and Sharp Shots Photo Club
- FOR EVERY ADVENTURE. NIKON ANNOUNCES TWO NEW PROSTAFF BINOCULARS.
- NIKON TRIUMPHS AT THE TIPA WORLD AWARDS 2022 WITH THREE WINS