Nikon to deliver imaging innovation at CES 2019, one of the world's largest international trade shows
London, United Kingdom, 8th January 2019: Nikon will be exhibiting at CES 2019, one of the world's largest international consumer electronics trade shows, held annually in Las Vegas, Nevada (event dates: January 8 – 11, 2019).
The mirrorless Z mount system will be exhibited at the Nikon booth along with the NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S, a new NIKKOR Z S-Line high-performance, ultra-wide-angle zoom lens compatible with the Nikon Z mount system.
Displays of new features, including Eye AF and support for RAW video output which will be incorporated in new firmware being developed for the full frame mirrorless cameras Nikon Z 7 and Z 6, will take place as part of the Z series exhibition.
The Z series will continue to flexibly respond to changing user needs and offer next-generation imaging experiences that stimulate users' creative intentions.
New products to be exhibited
The NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S, an ultra-wide-angle zoom lens compatible with the Nikon Z mount system and is part of the S-Line
The NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S is a full-frame (Nikon FX-format), ultra-wide-angle zoom lens that covers the 14mm to 30mm range of focal lengths with a constant maximum aperture of f/4 throughout the range. The NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S is the world's first* full-frame lens to support direct filter attachment, despite starting at a 14mm focal length.
The combination of superior optical performance and compact size of this lens is made possible by the new Z mount system. The high-performance NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S, with its superior mobility and operability, enables users to enjoy a dynamic angle of view for still images and videos.
Display of cameras running new firmware
The following new features to be added to firmware that is currently being developed for the Z 7 and Z 6 will be displayed at CES 2019:
The Eye AF allows for the convenient detection of the subject’s eyes, making focusing easier. It will allow users to capture photos in which focus has been clearly acquired on the subject's eye, for situations such as portrait and street photography.
Support for RAW video output
Nikon is currently developing a feature that works with the ATOMOS Ninja V to output video in RAW format, using the ProRes RAW codec.
Coming soon to the Z 6 and Z 7 cameras is compatibility with CFexpress, which is compatible with XQD memory cards.
* Among FX-format interchangeable lenses for digital cameras with interchangeable lenses with a focal range beginning at 14 mm or lower, available as of January 8, 2019. Statement based on Nikon research.
NOTES TO EDITORS
Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- NIKON RELEASES NEW SOFTWARE FOR SEAMLESS VIEWING AND EDITING OF IMAGES AND VIDEOS
- NEW FIRMWARE. NEW MOVIE KIT. NEW OPPORTUNITIES.
- TWO FIRMWARE UPDATES INTRODUCE ENHANCED FEATURES FOR NIKON Z-SERIES CAMERAS
- NIKON INTRODUCES THE LASER 50 AND LASER 30 LASER RANGEFINDERS
- NIKON UK ANNOUNCES DIGITAL PARTNERSHIP WITH THE NATIONAL GALLERY FOR 2020-2021
- NIKON RELEASES SOFTWARE THAT ALLOWS NIKON CAMERAS TO FUNCTION AS HIGH-QUALITY WEBCAMS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES RETURN OF NIKON PHOTO CONTEST 2020-2021