Nikon Celebrates its Continuing Patronage of The Open
London, UK, 9th July 2018 – Nikon today announces the continuation of its long-standing patronage of The Open, golf’s oldest international Major Championship, which takes place from 15th – 22nd July 2018.
The 147th Open is hosted this year at Carnoustie, the most northerly course on The Open rota, widely celebrated as one of the finest courses in Scotland. The prestigious sporting event will see the world’s best golfers compete to win the iconic Claret Jug, first presented in 1873 and known as one of the most prestigious trophies in sport.
Nikon branding and specialist sport optic products will be present throughout the championship, representing our continuing affiliation with the tournament.
For enthusiastic golfers looking to give their game the edge, Nikon will be selling its latest laser rangefinders and binoculars through the official Open Shop, including two recently announced MONARCH HG 30mm-Diameter Binoculars and the new Coolshot Pro Stabilized – a golfing laser rangefinder designed for improved target accuracy and distance measurement.
Remarking on this year’s patronage, John Walshe - Vice President of Nikon Europe comments: “Nikon is incredibly proud to be celebrating another year as Patron of The Open. The Open plays host to world class golfers and professional sports photographers alike, allowing them a platform to capture the event for a global audience. The Open continues to be Nikon’s most important global sponsorship and we look forward to maximising our brand presence at this year’s event.”
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- NIKON RELEASES NEW SOFTWARE FOR SEAMLESS VIEWING AND EDITING OF IMAGES AND VIDEOS
- NEW FIRMWARE. NEW MOVIE KIT. NEW OPPORTUNITIES.
- TWO FIRMWARE UPDATES INTRODUCE ENHANCED FEATURES FOR NIKON Z-SERIES CAMERAS
- NIKON INTRODUCES THE LASER 50 AND LASER 30 LASER RANGEFINDERS
- NIKON UK ANNOUNCES DIGITAL PARTNERSHIP WITH THE NATIONAL GALLERY FOR 2020-2021
- NIKON RELEASES SOFTWARE THAT ALLOWS NIKON CAMERAS TO FUNCTION AS HIGH-QUALITY WEBCAMS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES RETURN OF NIKON PHOTO CONTEST 2020-2021