Nikon to expand its Z mount lens range with the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
London, United Kingdom, 2nd June 2021: Nikon is pleased to announce the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2. The new compact and lightweight prime lenses have been made for full-frame (Nikon FX format) mirrorless cameras, for which the Nikon Z mount has been adopted. The lenses are scheduled for release in 2021.
NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8
NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
The NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 is being developed as a wide-angle prime lens, perfect for everyday snapshots. In contrast, the NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2 is being designed as a standard prime lens allowing users to easily enjoy bokeh as part of their imaging expression. Both lenses will be easy to use by a broad range of users, including those new to mirrorless cameras, in a wide variety of daily scenarios.
Nikon will continue to pursue a new dimension in optical performance while meeting users' needs. This ultimately contributes to the wider development of imaging culture, with the hope of expanding possibilities for photography performance.
* The appearance of the lenses may differ from the photo shown above.
Nikon is a world-leading provider of imaging products and services. Its innovative optics technology – from consumer to professional cameras, lenses to system accessories – is powered by over 100 years of experience. The brand is globally recognised for setting new standards in design and performance, with Nikon’s revolutionary Z series mirrorless cameras and NIKKOR Z lenses representing a new dimension of optical performance.
Nikon is committed to leading imaging culture and enables some of the world’s best visual artists to reach their creative potential through visual storytelling. Its award-winning equipment empowers photographers and videographers to realise their creative vision at the highest level.
As a trusted visionary partner, it unites all levels of content creators through its engaged community, unrivalled technical expertise and access to educational resources, via initiatives such as The Nikon School.
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judges for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021 Competition
- NIKON ANNOUNCES NX FIELD – A NEW REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONALS
- Reveal the beauty you see with the first Z series macro lenses
- Nine Nikon products receive the ‘Red Dot Award: Product Design 2021’
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- NIKON RELEASES NEW SOFTWARE FOR SEAMLESS VIEWING AND EDITING OF IMAGES AND VIDEOS
- NEW FIRMWARE. NEW MOVIE KIT. NEW OPPORTUNITIES.
- TWO FIRMWARE UPDATES INTRODUCE ENHANCED FEATURES FOR NIKON Z-SERIES CAMERAS