NIKON RELEASES NEW SOFTWARE FOR SEAMLESS VIEWING AND EDITING OF IMAGES AND VIDEOS
London, United Kingdom, 4th March 2021: Nikon is pleased to announce the release of NX Studio (version.1.0) – new software that enables the seamless viewing, processing and editing of still images and video. Nikon digital camera users can download the software, free of charge, today.
The intuitive software integrates the functions of Nikon’s current image viewing software, ViewNX-i*, and its image-processing and editing software, Capture NX-D*, allowing users to view, process and edit images in a single application.
NX Studio inherits a wide range of existing functions from ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D, including detailed editing functions such as Picture Control and White Balance settings, and Exposure Compensation for RAW data. In addition, it includes Colour Control Points that allow users to adjust colours within a specified area, and a Retouch Brush feature for advanced correction. Its intuitive menu structure is organised by workflow, which improves the overall response speed for each function and provides a smoother editing process for both stills and video.
The software will enable users to transfer images to Nikon's image sharing and storage service, NIKON IMAGE SPACE, and will be continually updated to ensure compatibility with new camera models. The software can be downloaded from Nikon's Download Centre at no charge.
Primary NX Studio features
• Software enables the viewing, processing and editing of still images and video in one place
• A user friendly menu, categorised by workflow – making it simple to use and easy to understand
• A variety of display options, such as filmstrip with both horizontal and vertical preview options, in addition to an easy-to-read shooting information display
• Inherited XMP/IPTC information editing and preset management functions from ViewNX-i and detailed editing functions from Capture NX-D, including Colour Control Points
• Compatibility with other software, such as Nikon Transfer 2 and Camera Control Pro 2, supporting a smooth post-shooting workflow
* Support for the current View NX-i and Capture NX-D software applications, including updates to the latest OS and the addition of new functions, are not planned in the future. Customers currently using View NX-i and Capture NX-D software applications are advised to update to NX Studio.
- NIKON IMPRESSES WITH FOUR EISA AWARD WINS
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judging Panel for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2022
- Nikon partners with CIWEM and WaterBear to present the Environmental Photographer of the Year 2022
- NIKON ANNOUNCES LATEST FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON ANNOUNCES OFFICIAL PATRONAGE OF THE 150TH OPEN
- COVER MORE GROUND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S
- NIKON RELEASES ITS BEST-EVER VLOGGER’S CAMERA—THE Z 30
- Nikon launches new partnership with The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and Sharp Shots Photo Club
- FOR EVERY ADVENTURE. NIKON ANNOUNCES TWO NEW PROSTAFF BINOCULARS.
- NIKON TRIUMPHS AT THE TIPA WORLD AWARDS 2022 WITH THREE WINS