Nikon’s mirrorless system and COOLPIX P1000 with DF-M1 Dot Sight receive the “Red Dot Award: Product Design 2019”
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 28th March 2019: Nikon is pleased to announce that its new mirrorless system and COOLPIX P1000 with DF-M1 Dot Sight, have both received the “Red Dot Award: Product Design 2019”.
A panel of design specialists judged over 5,500 entries on nine aspects including innovation, functionality and durability.
Winning product overview:
Nikon’s mirrorless Z system
The new mirrorless system has been recognised for its innovations in optical manufacturing and mirrorless technology. The system is comprised of two cameras - the Z 7 and Z 6 - which feature a new, larger-diameter mount, complimented by superior S-line NIKKOR Z lenses. The FTZ Mount Adapter completes the set, which allows the Z cameras to be used with existing F-mount NIKKOR lenses.
Superzoom Compact Digital Camera – COOLPIX P1000 and DF-M1 Dot Sight
The COOLPIX P1000 has been recognised for its outstanding achievements in optical engineering. Its 125x optical zoom (24-3000mm equivalent), the most powerful in a compact camera, has made it the standout choice for hobbyist photographers.
The DF-M1 Dot Sight has won this year’s Product Design award in conjunction with the P1000. The attachment is designed to help guide photographers exploiting the far reaches of the P1000 zoom range and to track objects accurately without having to look through the lens.
The Red Dot Design Award is a prestigious international design competition sponsored by Germany’s Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen.
The winning products will be showcased at a special exhibition to be held from July 8, 2019 to June 30, 2020 at the Red Dot Design Museum in Essen, Germany.
For more information about the Red Dot Design Awards please visit https://www.red-dot.org/
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- NIKON RELEASES NEW SOFTWARE FOR SEAMLESS VIEWING AND EDITING OF IMAGES AND VIDEOS
- NEW FIRMWARE. NEW MOVIE KIT. NEW OPPORTUNITIES.
- TWO FIRMWARE UPDATES INTRODUCE ENHANCED FEATURES FOR NIKON Z-SERIES CAMERAS
- NIKON INTRODUCES THE LASER 50 AND LASER 30 LASER RANGEFINDERS
- NIKON UK ANNOUNCES DIGITAL PARTNERSHIP WITH THE NATIONAL GALLERY FOR 2020-2021
- NIKON RELEASES SOFTWARE THAT ALLOWS NIKON CAMERAS TO FUNCTION AS HIGH-QUALITY WEBCAMS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES RETURN OF NIKON PHOTO CONTEST 2020-2021